Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bailee gets her "Ears Peered"




Doodle decided she wanted to get her ears pierced, so I took her (a couple of weeks ago) do do so. She was so brave--I was very proud of her. She didn't even cry, not so much as a wince even. The FIRST time.
Shortly after she got her ears pierced, while shopping at another store, she and Kira were MIS-behaving and one of her earrings got pulled out of her ear COMPLETELY!! Yes, there was blood and a LOT of tears. :( I found the earring and its back and, after cleaning it off, tried to put it back through her newly pierced ear only to find it had already started to close up and the earring would not go through! Panicked, I march her and Kira back to the store for help and am told we need to re-pierce her ear. We were asked to walk around a little so that the ear would close a bit more and then come back. After a walk over to Cinnabon and a purchase of a six pack of the BIG rolls (that I really don't need) we headed BACK to Claire's. Up in the chair she went and a new earring was shot into her ear. She made no noise, but plenty of tears were flowing. From Bailee AND Kira. It was so sweet to see Kira heartbroken that her sister was in pain. After Bailee came down from the chair, Kira looked at Bailee and got very close. They were forehead to forehead and Kira was whispering to Bailee and she shook her head. I don't know what was said, but it was so sweet to watch. It reminded me of how very lucky I am to have these wonderful girls in MY life! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: